FSX Unable to Install Service Pack 2
- Category: Flight Sim Various
- Last Updated: March 29, 2017
When attempting to install Service Pack 2 for FSX Boxed version you may get the error message:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 -- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 requires the English version of Flight Simulator X.
The cause of this may be having previously moved the installation or done a repair then uninstalled FSX and performing a new install. This can result in incorrect registry entries for the installation directory and the language information (language.dll).
This can be fixed by editing the registry (normal warnings about editing the registry apply!). Run regedit
- 32-bit OS, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ microsoft games\ flight simulator\ 10.0 key
- 64-bit OS, open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Wow6432Node\ Microsoft\ Microsoft Games\ Flight Simulator\ 10.0 key
- Choose Edit - New - String Value
- Replace New Value #1 with SetupPath
- Double-click SetupPath and in the Value data box, enter the path to your FSX installation