Delete TrueType Font
- Category: Aircraft
- Last Updated: December 2, 2016
Deleting TrueType Fonts
Whilst uninstalling my Carenado C185F from my FSX Boxed edition on Windows 10, I was left with several TrueType fonts that I could not delete (e.g. glassga.ttf). Like everything, it's easy when you know how to do it! This method worked for me:
- Right click the font name and rename it. I prepended the name with an X.
- Go to Windows services, and disable the Windows Font Cache Service.
- Reboot the computer.
- You should now be able to delete the font.
- Reboot the computer and reset the Windows Font Cache Service to Automatic.